Job Title: Apprentice School Administrator
Location: Heath Farm School, Egerton Road, Ashford, Kent, TN27 0AX
Salary: £12,000 per annum
We are excited to launch the ‘Positive Outcomes’ apprenticeship programme, the programme is fantastic opportunity for care leavers to begin their career journey with the National Fostering Agency Group (NFA Group).
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to become an Apprentice School Administrator and join The Heath Farm School team.
If you want to join a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
The NFA Group are the UK’s largest, independent children services provider of foster care, special needs education and residential care. The Acorn Care and Education Group are part of the NFA Group and provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally.
Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the school!
Heath Farm School is an independent SEN school that offers a unique and stimulating environment where every pupil is able to make outstanding progress in their personal development and enjoy success in their education.
With modern, well-resourced classroom pods, the expertise of the dedicated staff team ensures that each child can put past failures behind them in a calm and settled atmosphere.
Heath Farm lies in a spacious rural setting near Ashford, and attracts pupils from across Kent, neighbouring counties & parts of London, because of its growing reputation for success.
Pupils with a wide range of needs, including social & emotional issues, learning difficulties, mental health problems & associated conditions, are able to enjoy extraordinary outcomes and be happy at school.
What will your role be?
This is a fantastic entry level opportunity for anyone who wishes to have a career in Administration and work towards a Business Administration qualification. You will support the team by:
- Plan, organise and provide efficient administrative support to the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team at the school.
- Support in the recruitment of staff including safeguarding and security checks
- Being a first point of contact for parents and visitors
- Maintain electronic personnel records ensuring accurate data entry
- Update and maintain the staff training matrix
- Help arrange and set up meetings
- Assist in the organisation and printing of the student magazine
- Support in responding to enquires through email, telephone and letters
- Manage the schools website
- Help deal with HR administration and communicate with the head office HR team
- To ensure high levels of confidentiality at all times when dealing with sensitive material and information
What do you need?
- Desire to learn
- Organizational skills
- Passion and Ambition
- Be open and honest
- Dream big
What do we offer?
- Gain life skills
- Gain confidence
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Professional support network
- A dedicated mentor
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.