Property Maintenance Apprentice
Property Maintenance Operative (Apprenticeship)
Location: Heath Farm School, Charing Heath
Salary: £12,000 per annum
Hours: 8.00am – 4.00pm
Contract: Full time, fixed term
What will your role be?
This is a fantastic entry level opportunity for a young person looking for a career in maintenance. You will support the team by:
- Undertaking general maintenance duties and risk assessments across the schools site
- Carry out security checks for school buildings and grounds eg. Check doors, windows, fire exits, alarms and fire equipment.
- Regularly check and maintain heating systems and report any issues to Head teacher/Facilities Manager
- Help to move school items such as furniture and deliveries
- Support and secure premises when emergencies occur eg. Spillages, leaks, floods, fires, electrical and gas issues and ensure easy access for emergency services.
- Carry out minor repairs and order in the materials required
- Maintain the grounds safety by regularly checking and repairing fences, steps, walls and lights.
- Ensure the site is a safe and well maintained environment for pupils, employees and visitors
- At all times and on all occasions to promote and comply with the Schools commitment to the Safeguarding of the vulnerable young people in our care.
This role is part of the Outcomes First Group, Positive Outcomes programme and is exclusively open to applicants with experience of being in care or previous students of any Outcomes First School
About the School:
It is an exciting time to join Heath Farm School. Under the leadership of the new, forward-thinking head teacher, the school and its team are currently in the process of redesigning and creating a purposeful and unique ‘Heath Farm Curriculum’ that fully meets the holistic needs of our students.
We are an independent SEN school that offers a unique and stimulating environment where every pupil is able to make outstanding progress in their personal development and enjoy success in their education. From our nurturing approach for primary pupils through to the relaxed working environment of the specialist 6th Form Centre, all students are encouraged to reach high standards in every aspect of their lives.
Our students present with a wide range of needs, including social and emotional issues, learning difficulties, mental health problems and associated conditions. However they are able to enjoy extraordinary outcomes and be happy at school.
As an independent SEN school we are far removed from the toxicity and bureaucracy found in so many other schools and we are able to abandon ineffective and traditional methods in favour of new, highly effective and tailored initiatives – essentially we do what we know is right for the students in our care.
About the Group:
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
We welcome staff who share our to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
What do you need?
- Desire to learn
- Organisational skills
- Passion and Ambition
- Be open and honest
- Dream big
What do we offer?
- Gain life skills
- Gain confidence
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Professional support network
- A dedicated mentor
- Holidays starting at 25 days per annum
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.